Tuesday, July 10, 2012

In a sketchy kinda mood.

I used to be able to draw well.  I'm just out of practice.  So I started practising again after I bawxed up a concept for an alien for my new game.

Here's what I started with, and it depressed me a lot to realise I had to practice.













Next I did a concept sketch making it a little more 3d after watching a video on how to do concept painting... and then I realised it was a long way from here to what I wanted.

After that I decided to just practice lighting.  Here's my first attempt at a sphere.
Then attempt number 2.
Finally I felt brave enough to sketch something more adventurous.  I copied this from a book by Marc McBride.  A book on drawing epic monster battles. I'm happy with the result, but the adventure has just begun.



No comments: